Safran Test Cells - Construction Site Superintendent in Haikou (1 year)
Program / Customer Relations
Working under the direction of the Construction – Manager, the Construction Site Superintendent is responsible for the Site execution and commissioning of the building work packages within budget and to the quality of workmanship specified. They are also responsible for controlling Safran Test Cells' project Site and managing Site logistics. The Construction Site Superintendent will serve as the primary interface to the hired construction contractor and shall liaise with Safran engineering and project management to ensure that all project requirements are adhered to during the execution of the building work packages.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Responsible for Site logistics including offices, equipment and deliveries.
- • Obtain gate access or building entry for subcontractors on Site.
- • Establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships of the on-site staff and promote a positive project morale by providing leadership.
- • Understand all aspects of the general contract, including each subcontract, the contract drawings, specifications and addenda.
- • Examine the contract drawings, specifications and addenda for design deficiencies, impractical details and possible code violations, and propose solutions to correct them.
- • Plan and review the construction activities including quality control procedures, safety and security practices, field office location and layout, temporary utilities, staging areas, equipment and manpower.
- • Ensure a current time program (schedule) is maintained and adhered to during construction and take appropriate action if the program schedule is not followed.
- • Oversee and direct daily scheduling and supervision of contractors and provide scope coordination between contractors as necessary.
- • Conduct regular coordination meetings and safety meetings with subcontractors and issue corresponding meeting minutes.
- • Ensure the quality assurance plan is maintained and adhered to during construction and take action in the event that the quality plan is not followed.
- • Maintain and update quality assurance plan with submittals, inspections, testing results, and commissioning approvals.
- • Responsible for field monitoring, inspections of work packages, verification of critical dimensions and review of construction details.
- • Review and track shop drawings and submittals.
- • Obtain approvals from Authorities Have Jurisdiction (AHJ).
- • Identify and follow-up on non-conforming work and punch list items.
- • Maintain and update construction documents with redlines for As-Built Drawings;
- • Responsible for safety inspection reports, cleanliness of the site and the distribution of the daily log.
- • Review and certify contractor payment applications and scrutinize contractor change requests.
- • Review and scrutinize of contractor change requests.
- • Responsible for arranging living logistics including housing and transportation.
- • Actively participate in a continuous improvement culture
- • Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction, or related discipline required.
- • 2 or more years of relevant experience of building design and/or construction required.
- • Structural engineering and field experience preferred.
- • Able and willing to travel up to 100% of the time both domestically and internationally, as required.
- • Strong communication skills both verbal and written with a proven ability to be assertive yet approachable delivering a positive customer service experience.
- • Highly developed skill set in leadership practices including ability to balance risk, effectively influence diverse teams, and ownership of responsibility for outcomes.
- • Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; actively seeks opportunities to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met.
- • Knowledge of modern materials, methods, and techniques of design, construction of structures and facilities.
- • Knowledge of construction standards, codes, and regulations.
- • Understanding of basic mechanical and electrical principles.
- • Ability to read architectural drawings and specifications with Manager support.
- • Ability to determine compliance of structures/equipment to specifications.
- • Professional communication skills including written, verbal and presentation.
- • Ability to maintain records and prepare reports related to the work.
- • Computer proficiency in AutoCAD and MS Office applications
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Helicopter Engines China - Quality Manager in BeijingPublished on 03/04/2021Beijing/ 北京 , China Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Safran Helicopter Engines China - Program liaison-PLM & Validation/certification Manager in BeijingPublished on 02/09/2021Beijing/ 北京 , China Regular Full time Programs
Safran China Suzhou Branch - Application Support-Business Process Expert in SuzhouPublished on 02/03/2021Beijing/ 北京, China Regular Full time IT