Safran China Suzhou Branch - Supply Chain Engineer (SPM & Purchasing) in Suzhou
Assist and provide support to SAFRAN Corporate Purchasing and SAFRAN affiliates Purchasing & Supply Chain demands toward suppliers and/or industrial partners in China and ASEAN region covering the following:
- -Marketing and Survey: Conduct market research to identify current and/or potential suppliers to meet affiliate sourcing strategies / needs (commodity, program, volume, and timing) in the Asia zone, in line with Safran Group Purchasing Policy and strategy. Perform supplier assessments (risk, maturity, capability and capacity) per Safran / affiliate procedures and provide a supplier synthesis document.
- -Purchasing: conduct RFX, negotiations, contract roll-out, qualification, audit and visit
- -Supplier Development (SD): Perform supplier lean assessment audits to identify opportunities to deploy lean-Sigma actions, which can result in improvements in supply chain performance (cost, quality, delivery, innovation). From these identified improvement opportunities, and with the support and agreement of both the affiliate and the supplier, initiate improvement actions utilizing the lean sigma toolbox, delivering improvements as agreed and targeted during the assessment phase.
- -Support affiliates on recovery plan set-up and following-up.
- -Supply chain management (up and down stream)
- -Coordinate Industrial Development project implementation
- -Supplier Performance Management (SPM): Monitor and pilot the operational quality and logistic performance for a panel of suppliers from start of production (DVI approval). Ensure the consistency of the improvement actions defined by each of the functions in charge of suppliers (Quality, Purchasing and Procurement). Pilot the action plans at suppliers in the event of recurrent non-performance and continue this until performance returns to an acceptable level. Conduct industrial assessments as needed. Advise and monitor, within the framework of existing purchasing contracts, the establishment of improvement plans at the suppliers, which allow them to increase their level of industrial maturity.
Job Duties / Attributions
1. Assist SAFRAN Corporate Production Purchasing and Group Subsidiaries Production Purchasing department demands toward potential suppliers and/or industrial partners.
2. Participate to Group internal network animation within China and to the coordination of purchasing actions from subsidiaries within China and ASEAN region.
3. Roll out Central Purchasing strategies and processes.
4. Establish regional action plans and contract to develop synergies between sites for purchasing families managed regionally.
6. Launch RFI & RFQ and manage its efficient following-up with suppliers and related subsidiaries.
7. Report on savings and purchasing performance.
8. Pre-evaluate suppliers.
9. Manage and secure supplier OTD performance
10. Participate in mission optimization
11. Perform readiness audit & capacity survey
- • Bachelor or above
- • Knowledge of industrial management (Lean, Production Planning)
- • Proficiency in the use of quality tools (FMEA, 8D, 5 WHYs, 6 Sigmas…)
- • Experience in project management
- • Experience or knowledge of manufacturing processes (machining, special process, assembly,...) is a plus
- • Communication: ability to effectively communicate at Senior Management Level (Supplier and Safran)
- • Result Driven: ability to focus on target and not get disturbed by high flow of information and multiple stakeholders
- • Team Leadership
- • Coaching & Mentoring
- • Long term vision to establish strategic action plan